A Yan/ Ellesänya Moment

Yan stood on the balcony, leaning on the rail, watching the starlight dance on the river. Ellesänya stepped beside him, her back to the sparkling waters. Yan spoke.
"Folks picture dreams as misty, cloud-like things. But... then they shatter, scarring you. It hurts to hold the broken pieces, but it hurts even more to give them away."
"You have to hold the pieces to build something anew," she comforted. Yan spoke more softly.
"Lady, I am nothing." She put her hand on his arm. "No." He turned toward her, gripping her arms.
"I am nothing! What am I? A farmer? Not even that. And you? You are a princess; gold and silver and jewels. All I can be is a poor famer's son;" he looked at his hands, callused with seasons of heavy labor. "Sweat and blood and soil. The most I can do for you is get you dirty too. Lady," he repeated, almost whispering. "I am nothing."
"Nothing cannot be loved," she spoke softly as well. He looked up at her."What can I give you?" He tried to think of a single thing worth her shame. She leaned to whispered in his ear. "Yourself." He couldn't help himself. He wrapped his arms around her graceful frame, just holding her. She allowed him to do this for as long as he needed to. She also hugged him back, and she felt his grip tighten the tiniest bit. "I love you," he whispered.

No comments: